Monday, January 9, 2012

Exciting Things are Coming from Bravo!!

I am very excited. Today Bravo announced the next installments of the Real Housewives of Orange County (and if the season is anything like the trailer, we are in for a drama-filled roller coaster!) and Bethenny Ever After (LOVE, LOVE, LOVE). I am so excited I could pee myself.



First off, the original Housewives. I have watched this show (and it's spawns) since the beginning. I follow a lot of the girls on Facebook and enjoy reading about them in the trashy gossip columns. It's like this massive wreck that you can't help but creep by and stare at and probably turn around to go look at it again. And it does not look like they will disappoint this season. When you watch the trailer, I hope you get as much of a kick out of Vicki screaming like a banshee as I did. These ladies are over the top, for sure. What gets me out this and all the other Housewives franchise is that no real housewife would behave the way they do. Only wealthy housewives behave in such a way. Out of all the housewives I know, none of them have maids, hair stylists and makeup artists that come to their houses, or multimillion dollar properties. Neither can they afford to spend hundreds of dollars on a pair of shoes, much less the thousands these ladies spend. They also cannot afford to, nor do they, put on lavish parties and trips to exotic places (just because they can). They are hard working women who go above and beyond to keep their house and family in order. They are also some of the first who will come to you in a time of need. Sure these fancy ladies give us something to look at but that's about it. In fact, my comparison of my life and theirs generally consists of the feeling feeling of relief that my life is soooooo much better (albeit poorer) than those ladies. This show helps me to appreciate my life and how I live it. I cannot wait until February 7 to be able to watch the trashiness unfold!!



And now the thing I have been waiting months for.....BETHENNY EVER AFTER!!!!!! Holy crap how much do I love Bethenny Frankel?! She is such an inspiration. She is the best thing to happen to tv and to alcohol EVER!!  First, she was smart enough to distance herself from the negativity that plagued her during the Real Housewives of New York (told you I love the franchise) and then she did so by making such a life changing move by having her own show (which is leaps and bounds over the entire Housewives franchise....end of story) and THEN she changed her and all of our lives through her Skinnygirl products. Not only does she have the alcohol (yes they are ALL low calorie, low carb, suitable for those with special diets and diabetics, and FANTASTIC), she also has the Skinnygirl Face and Body line, the Skinnygirl Cookbooks, the Skinnygirl Smoothers and Shapers (think of an affordable and sexy Spanx), and Skinnygirl Daily (full of vitamin supplements and workout routines to help get people into shape). This girl literally does it all and has a family to support. What inspires me the most is that she accomplished this in her late 30s - early 40s. It makes my spinning in circles I have been doing career-wise a lot more tolerable.  Plus I truly believe she is a genuine, honest, a obviously hard working person. In fact I once sent her an email telling her I wanted to work for her. I hope one day she takes me up on it. That would be a dream come true. For now, though, I am eagerly awaiting February 20. Luckily I have the Atlanta and the Orange County Housewives to keep me occupied until them.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you are all doing very well!! XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment