Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Happy New Year!!!

Hello, Everybody!!!

I hope the New Year (all four days of it) has been treating you all very well. It has started off great for me so far. I am glad for the New Year. I am very excited to see where it takes us. Last year was very good to me and my husband. We bought our first house, got our first new car, and all the fun (and debt) that goes with both!! It took us 10 years to be able to make this leap into adulthood so to say I feel blessed would be an understatement. We aren't lavish people so last year was huge for us.

I know I have definitely gotten swept up in the magic and hope of a good New Year. I want everyone to be blessed and in a better place by the end of the year. That's what I am praying for anyway. A friend of mine has made goals for herself for this year and I thought they were inspiring, so I have made some goals for this year and will strive to hit them. I also know that sometimes 365 days isn't enough to accomplish what I want. Here are my top 10 goals for 2012:

  • I am going to work on a much needed attitude adjustment. Life has thrown me some curve balls over the years and they have made me negative, complacent, and moody. My attitude effects those around me and I want to be remembered for the fun-loving and positive person I used to be.
  • I am going to work on getting passed the hurt I have felt for years over how I perceive I am treated by my dad's side of my family. I have had little to no contact with them for over 10 years and I need to make the decision on whether to continue to try or just chalk it up to a lost cause. Even when I was a kid, they wanted little to do with me. This feeling of abandonment has surely effected all of my current relationships
  • I am going to "get over myself" and remember that there are those that have it much worse than I do and yet they still have smiles on their faces and positive attitudes. 
  • I am going to strive to be the best wife I can be. My husband is a pillar of strength and has become a major support to me over the years. I want to really prove to him how much I love and appreciate him.
  • I will not allow people to walk all over me. My whole life people have barreled over me and I have allowed them to do so for fear of them disliking me. All this has done has made me dislike myself. I am definitely not the same person I was 10 years ago when confrontation was my middle name.
  • I am going to learn to live and let go. I have held onto grudges my whole life and that does no one any good.
  • I am going to remember that I cannot change a person's actions but my reactions to them.
  • I want to be able to better balance grad school with my family and social life. I need to be able to handle my stresses privately and not take them out on those closest to me.
  • I am going to find a better job with a better and more positive environment. If I can find one that pays more than what I get now, even better.
  • Most importantly, I am going to stay true to myself. That's all anyone can ask of themselves anyway. To be honest, hard working, and true to yourself
Hope this year is kind to us all!! Thanks for coming by!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Miss Mags...sounds like some good resolutions...what makes them good is that they're ATTAINABLE...miss you and Tony--your positive attitudes--and, oh yeah, that brother of yours. Take care and have a wonderful new year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Goals!! You deserve all the happiness and love in the world, because that is what YOU give to everyone else!

    I'm excited you entered the world of Blogging! Welcome!!!

    Have a great new year, anything is possible!!

    -Alli

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, guys. Your love and support means everything!! This is going to be a great year. I can feel it!!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete