Invasion of the Mind
You crept into my dreams again
We have been down this road before
But this time there was pain, tension, and confusion
That I thought was long gone
I tried to speak
But there were no words
You tried to speak
But I couldn't hear you
Your faced was twisted and sad
I wanted to reach out to you
But there was something holding me back
Dare I say that I miss you
That there will forever be a chasm in my life
Ever since our time together ended
A wise man once said
"A person is in your life for a reason, a season, or for life"
I am not sure why our paths had to cross
Was it for a reason or a season or both
Because I know it wasn't for life
I wonder if you think of me
If you are haunted by my memory
Like I am of you
Or if I am just nothing to you
An irritation that has been scratched out
Covered up with calomine lotion
And forgotten
Never to be thought of again
We have been down this road before
But this time there was pain, tension, and confusion
That I thought was long gone
I tried to speak
But there were no words
You tried to speak
But I couldn't hear you
Your faced was twisted and sad
I wanted to reach out to you
But there was something holding me back
Dare I say that I miss you
That there will forever be a chasm in my life
Ever since our time together ended
A wise man once said
"A person is in your life for a reason, a season, or for life"
I am not sure why our paths had to cross
Was it for a reason or a season or both
Because I know it wasn't for life
I wonder if you think of me
If you are haunted by my memory
Like I am of you
Or if I am just nothing to you
An irritation that has been scratched out
Covered up with calomine lotion
And forgotten
Never to be thought of again
I Can't Promise
Communication has slipped though the cracks
They push on everyday and ignore the pain
Both refusing to look back
But one night she has enough
And makes him talk
And he says
I can’t promise you the moon and stars
I can’t promise to always be by your side
I can't promise you I will listen for my mind is somewhere else
I can't promise that things will be the way you want
But I love you and that should be enough
To make everything alright
Months have passed
And the road is still rutted and broken
But they are still fighting the fight
She sits alone and wonders what she did wrong
Hoping day she will have the strength to say
I can't promise you I will be by your side for its not me you want there
I can't promise not to cry and scream when I want to be heard
I can't promise to understand things that have no explaination
I can't promise that I can get over this pain that I have inside
But I love you and that should be enough
To make everything alright
How you like it
It has happened again
Like so many times before
Broken and low
That's how you like it
You keep me down
And tell me I can't do things
Or that I do them wrong
Even when I know I'm right
That's how you like it
I tell you how I feel
But am met with the same response
Ridiculous
Crazy
Insecure
I know those words are coming
It's like a broken record
Hardly do my feelings get validated
Regardless of the feeling, I am wrong
That's how you like it
You don't seem to understand me
And can't admit that it may be you
But that's ok, I'll take the heat
Maybe I am
Ridiculous
Crazy
Insecure
That's how you like it
Between right and wrong
Between insanity and sobering reality
But how does one know which way is which
Or the difference between instinct and madness
When the truth is hidden behind a wall
Just out of reach
You can see it when you strain
But it is unattainable
You sit wondering and waiting
Hoping it will rear its ugly head
But afraid to know what will be next
So you just wait until the day
When you can meet the truth
Knowing it will change your life forever
Like so many times before
Broken and low
That's how you like it
You keep me down
And tell me I can't do things
Or that I do them wrong
Even when I know I'm right
That's how you like it
I tell you how I feel
But am met with the same response
Ridiculous
Crazy
Insecure
I know those words are coming
It's like a broken record
Hardly do my feelings get validated
Regardless of the feeling, I am wrong
That's how you like it
You don't seem to understand me
And can't admit that it may be you
But that's ok, I'll take the heat
Maybe I am
Ridiculous
Crazy
Insecure
That's how you like it
The Truth
There is a thin line
Between right and wrong
Between insanity and sobering reality
But how does one know which way is which
Or the difference between instinct and madness
When the truth is hidden behind a wall
Just out of reach
You can see it when you strain
But it is unattainable
You sit wondering and waiting
Hoping it will rear its ugly head
But afraid to know what will be next
So you just wait until the day
When you can meet the truth
Knowing it will change your life forever
I Love........
I love it when you have had a bad day
And come home without a kiss or a hug
I love it when you are stressed out
And talk to me like I am mud
I love not knowing what to say or when to say it
And keeping my feelings to myself
I love it when we ignore the real issues
And let the emotions build up
I love not knowing whether its me that you are mad at or not
And trying to figure you out
I love being there for you through thick and thin
But sometimes its not easy
When you won't let me in
And come home without a kiss or a hug
I love it when you are stressed out
And talk to me like I am mud
I love not knowing what to say or when to say it
And keeping my feelings to myself
I love it when we ignore the real issues
And let the emotions build up
I love not knowing whether its me that you are mad at or not
And trying to figure you out
I love being there for you through thick and thin
But sometimes its not easy
When you won't let me in
A Leap of Faith
Taking a leap of faith
Stretching the boundaries further
Than what is comfortable
Just so things are easier for others
Hoping it doesn't go unnoticed
Afraid that it's not good enough
And that disappointment will be the effect
Emotions take over
Happy and yet angry
Sad and anxious
Scared
But persevering regardless
Changes are hard and overwhelming
Nervous as to what will come
Praying that history won't repeat itself
Not able to handle it if it does
Faith is all that is left
Traveling down a road of unanswered questions
Knowing that God will light the way
All that can be done is to take a deep breath
And jump
No comments:
Post a Comment